Monday, December 8, 2008

Soup

Ok, so maybe it was my last blog about Despereaux - which is also a tale about soup (if you don't know what I mean, yet another reason for you to go read the book!) that put soup on my brain. Don't you just love soup? I mean, what in the world is more comforting than a big, hot bowl of homemade soup. Now, I'm not talking about the canned soup you buy in a store. I like that in a pinch, but it's always super dehydrating from the sodium and has weird textured vegetables and even stranger pieces of "meat." Sorry, I can't eat the meat in canned soup. I mean the kind that you make in a big pot, chopping and blending and stirring and seasoning! I find making soup to be very therapeutic. I freaking love making soup. I pride myself on my very own "Chicken Noodle Soup" which I developed and have tweaked over time. It is one of my recipes that I don't know how much of this or that I put in, I just do what feels right. I guess I just understand it! Recently I tried one of my sister in law's recipes for "Chicken Corn Chowder" and it was absolutely amazing (as is her "Tomato Bisque!") I just feel the need to become a master soup maker, and I just want to learn how to make as many soups as possible! I am like the soup monster! TO SOUP!

1 comment:

Heather said...

this is hilarious! :) i can hear your voice..."I freaking love soup!" you soup monster!