Saturday, December 20, 2008

I Survived the Class Christmas Party of '08

I can now breathe a sigh of relief. For the next 364 days I do not have to deal with the craziness that is a class christmas party. Not sure why I am being so grinchy? Let me paint a picture for you. Imagine 20 children, a dozen parents, and at least 3 goodies bags. Take that and multiply it by 5 doughnuts, 3 grapes, 1 apple, and a juice box. Throw in a snowflake "craft" that involved nothing but liquid glue and glitter. For fun, add decorating gingerbread cookies and blasting Christmas music. Mix in questions like, "Can I have thirds?" "What else are we going to do?" "When can I decorate MY cookie?" "Is that a pinata?" "When are we doing the pinata?" "Can I do MY cookie now?" "When will it be the sing-a-long?" "Why aren't we having recess today?" "Was that the whole party?" "Someone called me a dummy!" "He took my doughnut!" "I want to eat my cookie now, can I?" "She's making fun of me....STOP MAKING FUN OF ME!" "I don't like this!" "He said I was stupid." "I did not." "Did too!" "NO I DIDN'T" Sprinkle with tears and Merry Christmas Everyone!

2 comments:

emmalee said...

And what happened with the PINATA?! That doesn't look like it should be spelled like that.

Hank said...

Great question, emmalee! ;o) The pinata pooped out his candy into a bag to be passed out to all the bad little boys & girls.