Monday, January 19, 2009

Surprises




I love surprises - especially being in on a surprise for someone else. Usually I am very bad at keeping surprises. I get so excited inside that I just feel like I'm going to bubble over. I will drop hints like, "Boy do I have a surprise for you." OR "I can't wait until your surprise comes." Ryan is very hard to surprise, probably because he is always around. Because I have to be so sneaky with him it makes it even more fun. Well, for his 28th birthday he already had his present picked out. What fun is that? So, my amazing friend, Heather, helped me pull off the surprise for him. Well, I take that back - I basically did nothing. She did all of the work, so she gets full credit on this one!

Heather is a fabulous baker. Back when we used to teach together I would get really excited when she would bring me her homemade banana & chocolate chip muffins or brownies. YUM! Lately she has gotten the fancy, theme cake making bug - and let me tell you. She is really good. So, I had asked her if she would make a camera cake for Ryan's birthday. When I saw this thing, I could not believe my eyes. It was PERFECT...down to the tiniest detail. I loved it so much and couldn't wait for her to show it to Ryan. When it was time for the cake, Heather brought it in to him and the smile on his face was perfect! He loved it! I was so sad to have to cut into it...but it was really delicious, and even had TWO layers - yellow & chocolate.

More than the cake, or suprising Ryan, though I felt very lucky to have a friend like Heather. A friend that I can call anytime and will help me out with anything. She is the best surprise that happened to me in Lynchburg - a kindred spirit and a lifelong friend. :o) Thanks Heather! You ROCK!

No comments: