Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Superman, Fuzzy Socks, and Curling Up with a Cat




My dad had back surgery on Monday. No one likes it when people they love are hurt - especially if it is your dad. For those of you who don't know my dad he is Superman. I have always thought of him that way, and I always will. I'm sure my sisters can back me up on this. He can fix anything (no job is too big or small) and puts other people before himself. Going to visit him last night in the hospital I didn't know how he would be feeling. I knew that he had been in excruciating pain for at least a month and all we wanted was for him to feel better. Superman was down, and it was very sad. Much to my surprise, upon arriving in Richmond, I found Dad to be back to his old self again even mentioning a couple of projects he needed to come to Lynchburg to complete....oh geez....I'm not sure about that, but I'm happy to say that Superman is back! Hooray!

It was a good thing that I had a snow day today because I was quite exhausted after our turn around trip. (I'm still not sure how Ryan has made it through the day...) However, I didn't have too much time to mope around before I was off to meet Heather at the Y for a quick workout before she headed to work. This gave me a little jump start to my day. A day I am proud to say without TV. My book club is reading The Last Lecture this month and I was determined to finish it so Colleen could borrow it. So I put on my favorite (and only) pair of green fuzzy socks and curled up in a chair and started to read. Molly decided that she wanted to join me so she jumped up and read with me too. I can't even tell you what a treat it was. Complete peace and quiet with my furry friend and fuzzy socks.

After I got up she decided that Ryan's vest was the perfect rainy day spot - and that is why I love her.
Shortly after I realized that I never pressed start on the washing machine so the 4 loads of laundry I was going to brag about quickly went down to only 3. *Sigh* Back to reality!

No comments: