Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

UPDATED!
*I thought of a few more interesting things....so I had to tweak the first one.

25 Random Things About Me


1.I once got my head stuck in between two banister posts at Sunday School.
2.I am a big fan of library books. Geeky, I know.
3.Which brings me to #3 – I worked at the Colonial Heights Public Library in high school and as a result memorized ridiculous amounts of Dewey Decimal Numbers (which I have since forgotten.)
4.I chew every hard candy I eat.
5.I had a gray tooth for a while when I was a toddler from hitting it on my tricycle's handlebars.
6.My swim coach growing up was the scariest woman I have ever met. I still have flashbacks of her deep, booming voice yelling, “SA-RAH”
7.My cat comes running if I sing loud enough. She especially loves Rent, Wicked, and Stevie Wonder songs.
8.I have really terrible eyesight.....really, really terrible. We're talking about a -8.50 prescription people.
9.I am knitting a sock. If it goes well, I might just knit another one. But, if you see me with only one sock on you'll know what happened.
10.I've been told I'm really good at tuning people out...some like to call it selective listening. I like to call it focusing.
11.I like to fall asleep during movies – which is why I really don't like to go to the movie theater.
12.I love Indian food.
13.Abraham Lincoln is my favorite U.S. President.
14.I am afraid of sharks (seriously) and will only swim in the ocean if I can see the bottom. I try to go out there, but it usually ends in me feeling panicky and having to come back in....sigh. I happen to be a really good swimmer, isn't it ironic...
15.I can't stand riding in a car, but love traveling.
16.I don't know how to whistle or roll my r's. Sad.
17.I make my bed everyday, even if it is after work occasionally.
18.I can't stand stacks of papers, but can't seem to avoid this at work.
19.I am married to a really smart guy, who also happens to be pretty humble – which I love.
20.I have all of my old koala bears. I keep them in my classroom, and my favorite ones are the ones my 2nd graders have given me.
21.I was born 3 weeks early, and my mom said my ears were like tissue paper. My ears are just fine now thank you very much. Oh, and I share a birthday with Prince or the artist formerly known as prince or that symbol or whatever it is he is using these days.
22.I overslept for a college English final once....oops!
23.If you get a belated birthday wish/card/present from me, don't take it personally I'm terrible at mailing things.
24.I never wear a watch.
25.I don't drink caffeine, and haven't in 8 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No. 26 - Your mom loves you very much and totally enjoys your blogs--every one of them!