Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Friday Night Knitting Club

The Friday Night Knitting Club The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book is like a bowl of chicken soup. It warms your soul and is delicious to read! USA Today remarked that it is like Steel Magnolias set in Manhattan. I will have to agree. I loved this book. As a knitter (although a relatively new one still) - I found myself smiling in agreement at the descriptions of each step at the section beginnings. I could see how the steps involved with making a hand-knit creation mirrors the things we often go through in life. The metaphor was just beautiful to me. But one of the best things about this book is that you don't have to be a knitter to appreciate it.


View all my reviews.

No comments: