Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Thai Me!

The hidden gem that is Thai '99 in Lynchburg continues to make me dream about Thai food. Seriously. Once I get it in my mind that I want Thai food for dinner I will not stop until I get my way. Luckily, I have a husband who fully supports this. A craving for Masaman Curry is not to be taken lightly. (If you have never been to Thai' 99 - please go. You will love it. If you have never gotten the Masaman Curry, you will not be disappointed. If you have never been to Thai' 99 and have never eaten Masaman Curry - you are really missing out! GEEZ! What are you waiting for?)

Tonight we went out for Thai, but having just made burgers on Sunday we didn't want to overdo the red meat so Ryan and I took the waitress's recommendation for the daily special. I was excited to try something new, but still mourning my Masaman Curry (it's a beef curry so I had to pass tonight) when the new dish arrived. I wish I knew the name. Ryan kept saying cow poot san, and I kept laughing knowing that was definitely not what she said...anyway...it was a tastebud sensation! They were these lettuce wraps with pork, rice, cilantro, lime, lemongrass, and many more flavors tucked inside. It sounds crazy, but I could not even believe my mouth. YUM! Then, just when I thought it couldn't get any better we had a traditional Thai dessert of fresh mangos and sweet, sticky rice. It was perfection. It even made me forget about my irritated, allergic, itchy eye....or maybe it was the Singha beer....either way I'm one happy camper!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the winner for the most uses of the word 'Masaman' in one blog post goes to.....

Just kidding, I loved it tooo!

emmalee said...

remember when we got free dessert at milans. mmmmm. i know thats not thai but it made me think of that deliciousness.