Sunday, March 22, 2009

Discouraged

Here I am, less than a week before my race. The 10K that I have been preparing for since Christmas is almost here. I now have excruciating pain shooting down from my hip through my knee every time I try and run. Couldn't this have waited until after the race? It is so frustrating to work so hard and be so excited for something only to realize that it probably won't happen. I know there will be other races. I know I will recover...again. But, I don't want to take time off. I don't want to miss out. It's just not fair. It's not like I signed up, fooled around, and then thought. "Oops! Better start running since the race is almost here." No, I have worked my butt off for this. Gradually building miles and speed so that not only would I not get injured, but I could also run this 10K faster than my other one. I am pissed. My sister said it sounds like my sacrum is injured. Everything I have been reading online says runners have to take months off to fully recover. I could just cry.

1 comment:

Heather said...

i'm sad for you. don't feel too bad, i came down with something yesterday and was sick in bed all night and all morning. are we still going to go?!