Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Job


So today, I realized that although my job can be super annoying, I love it anyway. There are many things that I don't love about my job, but all of those reasons really don't matter. At the end of the day it boils down to the fact that I get to spend 7 hours a day with a room full of 2nd graders. Now, you might be thinking...what the heck? This girl is on something! But seriously, it is an experience like no other. Yes they are messy, crazy, wiggly, ditzy, and needy, but somehow the first thing I think of is when describing kids is hilarious. Even though they drive me bananas most of the time, I realize at the end of everyday a part of my heart will always be under the age of 10, because in order to teach 8 year olds, you have to think like 8 year olds. We sometimes say that teachers often act the age they teach, if that is true - I'm happy to be a second grader. For not only are they "messy, crazy, wiggly, ditzy, and needy" they are also funny, poignant, carefree, and just. Now if only we didn't have to deal with all the other stuff..... ;o)

No comments: