Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Accidental Thinker

Almost to the point of distraction, my brain is constantly thinking. It thinks about problems, dinner plans, book ideas, life, and future plans. It takes note of body language, silences among friends, and facial expressions. It has an uncanny ability to glimpse inside another's perspective - even when the perspective isn't offered. It helps me be a better, more understanding person. I'm not claiming to be psychic or overly intelligent. No, I'm neither. I'm just an average girl, whose in tune with her own thoughts. I like my mind. It's not larger than life, but it's complex enough to keep challenging me. I like that I'm able to express my ideas, feelings, and opinions to others. I appreciate the people in my life that can do the same. It is sometimes hard for me to have superficial relationships because I like to connect on a deeper level. I don't like walls between people. I know I can drive my friends and family crazy with my wonderings, but I love that they love me anyway. I enjoy hearing what others think. The best feeling is when someone opens your eyes to a new insight. Left alone with your own thoughts for too long without communicating with others who are different can breed close-mindedness.

No comments: