Monday, July 20, 2009

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Everyone can read the back of a book or find a synopsis, so I'm not going to summarize for you. I really liked Edgar and his dogs. One of my favorite parts had to be Edgar's time with Henry. I found this book interesting, although it left me feeling a little luke warm. I think the author's writing style is right up my alley - not overly flowery, but poignant all the same in its almost simplistic style. I loved how adept the author was at pinpointing human emotions. However, it left me feeling slightly blah - like I had expected it to turn out just the way it did. But, not in a relieved, that was great way. In more of a I spent too much time sifting through pages to find out what I already knew. I would really like to give this book 3.5 stars.


View all my reviews >>

No comments: